I am looking to assist in two births in 2019-2020 in order to complete my birth doula certification through DONA. If you, or anyone you know, is interested in working with a birth doula at a significantly reduced price please email me at email@example.com
What is a birth doula?
“A doula is a professional trained in childbirth who provides emotional, physical, and educational support to a mother who is expecting, is experiencing labor, or has recently given birth. The doula's purpose is to help women have a safe, memorable, and empowering birthing experience.” -the American Pregnancy Association
What support will I receive during my pregnancy?
- 1-2 prenatal visits
- Open communication for support and education by text/email/phone
- Fully on call starting 2 weeks before your due date
- Continuous support during labor, remaining 1-2 hrs post birth for support
- Pictures if you desire during labor and birth using Nikon 3400D
- Postpartum visit within first 6 weeks following delivery
As your doula, my goal is to assist you in having a successful, memorable, and joyous birth experience by providing educational, emotional, physical, and spiritual support throughout your pregnancy and birth. I will assist you in creating a birth plan that clearly illustrates your desires for birth. I will offer coping strategies that will include meditation, massage, acupressure, sound healing, use of essential oils and positioning support. I will also provide support to your birth partner, helping to ensure both of you stay connected and supported during the birthing process.